Free* hearing Aids For Pensioners And Veterans
The Australian Government funds the Hearing Services Program (HSP) to provide hearing services to eligible Pensioners and Veterans via a voucher scheme. A voucher is issued that entitles the eligible person to access a hearing test and hearing aid fitting services at no cost from a free to client panel of hearing aids supplied from an accredited hearing services provider, such as ACE Audiology Melbourne.
The Hearing Services Program approves hearing aids to its panel of free to client hearing aids that meet the minimum specification requirements. The range of devices cover a range of hearing losses and devices styles. Eligible Pensioners and Veterans may elect to use their government subsidy towards more highly specified hearing devices. These devices are known as partially subsidised devices and all meet the minimum specification and higher. Partially subsidized hearing aids are suitable for clients who have particular listening requirements or personal preferences that are not address in the fully subsidized devices.
Most Pensioners and Veterans are eligible for the Hearing Services Program including their dependents and individuals approved by their NDIS agent. A full list of eligible persons can be viewed here:
- A Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- A Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Card Holder
- A Department of Veteran Affairs White Card Holder issued for specific disabilities that include Hearing Loss
- Receiving a Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- A Dependant of a person in one of the above categories
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
- Referred by the Disability Employment Services Program or
- A National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant with hearing needs, referred by a planner from the National Disability Agency
Recent changes to the Hearing Services Program no longer require eligible persons to be referred by a Medical Practitioner to the Hearing Services Program for Hearing Aid Fitting. Referrals from Medical Practitioners, although not essential, are however warmly welcomed as they can inform your Audiologist of relevant health factors and hearing health care needs.
You may approach your preferred hearing services provider directly for assistance in determining your eligibility via an online portal. Once your eligibility is confirmed, usually within a few moments, you are issued with a voucher for a hearing test and hearing aids should they be required. Hearing Services with your chosen provider can then commence immediately.
ACE Audiology is accredited to provide free hearing tests and free hearing aids to eligible pensioners and veterans via the Hearing Services Program. Please feel free to get in touch for assistance in accessing the Hearing Services Program.
- A full diagnostic hearing test
- Prescription and fitting of appropriate Hearing Aids
- Post Fitting Follow Up and Aftercare Services
- Annual Aid Adjustments
- Optional Annual Hearing Aid Maintenance and Battery Services